Tuesday, April 14, 2009

West Viriginia Motorcycling

I spent a good Easter holiday weekend traveling via car (unfortunately) but with my wife Patty from Richmond, VA to Louisville, Kentucky. That is my original home town, and always good to be back. There was a fatal motorcycle crash in the Louisville area over the holiday, and also some in the Richmond, Virginia area as well. This time of year (and whenever you ride) be careful and watchout for those cars! Ditto for auto drivers; watch out for motorcycles especially this time of year.
While I am a few days away from my next ride on the Vulcan, while in West Virginia at a Visitor's Center got a great flier on "Motorcycle Riding in the Heart of West Virginia." I checked and it is on line, added that very fine site to my favorite links. Good to see a state promote motorcycling, and thought it was well put together. Got some good rides on there, and they also have a list (though nothing is listed right now) of upcoming motorcycle events in the state. You might enjoy checking it out.
Still looking for a great Virginia site with good motorcycle information, sure that will come up soon in my searches. Hope you all have good and safe rides!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...