Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Out in the Country (March 9, 2021)

 

Thanks to a late change in plans, got to get in another ride today, as my wife needed to get out for a bit to get a few things done. I got the bike out (which was some 150 miles from the 12,000 in the service coming up) and cut that down by another 70 miles. 

It was a good ride. Started out and headed for the country and did get out to some really impressive farms. I changed before the ride to a lighter jacket as it was a warm day, but very overcast and if I had to do that again would have worn the coat I did yesterday. 

It was a good day to see things flying, saw a number of Hawks, Great Blue Herons and of course a number of Geese as well as other birds. 


I took these photos at St. Paris which is a few miles up Highway 235 and North of New Carlisle. It was a very good ride and happened a few hours after a visit to the National Museum of the US Air Force which is one of my favorite places. Aviation and Motorcycles...a perfect day indeed!  


No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...