Sunday, November 8, 2020

Huffman Prairie Flying Field Ride (November 7, 2020)

Just a beautiful day to be out in early November, as well as remarkable with a temperature in the 70's. There were a lot of motorcycles out enjoying it and I was one of them. I rode out to Huffman Prairie Flying Field, which is a very interesting place. I took a photo of the historical plaque which is the fourth photo below. That explains what the site is below and to the left in the photos. Last photo was of some of those many motorcyclists I mentioned also out riding. The hangar in the photos and the tower to launch the Wright Flyer III seen in the two photos below are replicas, but pretty exact ones. I rode some 30 miles yesterday and enjoyed each and every one of them.  



 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...