Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday Aviation Ride (July 16, 2017)

 Nice ride on Sunday morning. I tend to love those with light traffic and as mentioned in the last post much lower heat and humidity. Took the Triumph this time to the Chesterfield County Airport in Chester, VA where I got this photo of some of the planes there.
As a bonus this Army helicopter was also there and got a photo of it. Lots of interesting things to see at the airport, and as visitors to my page will know I like aviation.
This is a really good state for that, as there are a lot of things to see aircraft related including some remarkable museums, and some really good airshows. One airshow not far away and soon!
I rode around for quite a bit, and ended up along Riverside Drive. That s a favorite road to ride on. While I was there stopped and got this photo of this deer feeding by the side of the road.
Strangely the deer did not seem to mind that I was there. Did stop and look at me but soon went back to eating. Have seen over the years quite a few there, but this one was later in the day then the usual...being around 10am.
Following that encounter headed back to my house. A bigger ride than the Friday ride, this one covered 47 miles and had a great time.  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...