Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday Flood Ride in the RVA (May 7, 2017)

Been getting a lot of rain the last couple of weeks with more on the way. In fact some three hours after I got back it rained again. Got a photo here of the James River which was you can see is up. Rode along Riverside Drive and the flooding was pretty intense and in spots got very close to the road. Luckily it was not over it, but would not take much to make it so. River was also running pretty fast with a lot of debris in it. According to signs it was closed to getting in it.
I made a quick stop to get breakfast at Galley but once I got in it was pretty well packed. I headed out on the ride at 10am but it was around 1040 or so when I got there. So went instead to McDonalds for "The Big Breakfast" just up the road on Forest Hill Avenue. Nice meal actually, one of my favorite places to eat. From there it was close to the long section of Riverside Drive so got back on it and rode all the way to its end. Nice ride which included Old Gun Road.  
This photo was at Riverside Drive. Once off there rode up to Midlothian and then down to Hull Street. I stopped there at Buffalo Wild Wings for a quick beer and then headed back toward my house as the clouds were gathering at that point.
It was a very good ride. Before the ride checked and adjusted the chain which was getting close to its limits. The Triumph did not miss a beat the entire 50 miles of the ride and I had a fantastic time!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...