Sunday, January 1, 2017

Last Ride of 2016 (December 31, 2016)

 Last day of 2016, and had to get a ride in. That said it was really chilly. I was bundled up, but the clouds built and the temperature was in the high 40's (at least that warm for a while. Wanted to get 50 miles in and had to settle for 30. Warmed up at Hooters for a short while. I had been watching the LSU/Louisville game and Louisville was getting beat when I headed out to ride. As I saw at Hooters...that did not change.  
Anyhow, rode a bit more. Basically it was up Broad Street and then back. I did make a stop at the Virginia War Memorial for a while and got this photo at left. I enjoyed the ride a great deal even though it was chilly. Been a while due to the Christmas holiday since I have been out, so that was wonderful.
No feeling on earth like riding the motorcycle. Big change from the Vulcan but it sure is a lot of fun riding the Triumph. Very sporty and takes me back to the things I enjoyed about riding again.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...