Monday, May 16, 2016

Motorcycle Maintenance and the Test Ride (May 15-16,2016)

Sunday May 15 as you can see, badly needed brakes and did the maintenance work on it. Had done it the first time I needed them (it is not a difficult job). Last time had them done at the now closed Velocity Motorcycles. I decided to take the job on again, and it was not bad. Thankfully I have the Kawasaki Motorcycle Service Manual for my bike, and that is a wonderful thing to have. In fact I get that just as soon as I get a new motorcycle (which thanks to that book, plus Japanese quality, is not very often.
Have a nice area to work in at the house now, before it was mostly parking lot mechanical work at the apartment complex I used to live in. It was actually a fun job and did not cause me any major problems. I got a few tools to make it easier and that included a torque wrench which will come in handy for other tasks.
The Vulcan so far, with the exception of a thermostat last year, has been trouble free though tires, brakes and other things need to be done from time to time.    

Took it for a test ride around Richmond on a beautiful day. About time too...big problem here has been its a very rainy Spring of late. Not much time for riding, but it made up for it on this Monday. I am on vacation this week, of course the forecast is not looking real good.
This was one of my stops during a 59.1 mile ride, which went to a number of places. Did want to make sure the work I did was good, and no problems at all.
It was nice to get out and about and to see some of the different sights with my knees in the breeze rather than the car wipers wiping the rain from my windshield.

No comments:

Back in the Saddle (May 1, 2024)

At long last, got back out on the Triumph once again for the 2024 riding season. Was a long but fun winter and a wet Spring, but things are ...