Thursday, April 7, 2016

Food Court Ride (April 3, 2016)

Sunday was a nice day after a Saturday...that was not (weather wise anyhow). Got out for a bit in search of a ride.
I did not get out for a great many miles, it was still rather cool out and did not plan to go far this day anyhow. I did head out to the Food Truck Rodeo at the Chesterfield Town Center (which is a mall) that sounded like fun.
The only problem was I think the entire region had the exact same idea. The place was totally slammed. I did wander around a bit, first to find a parking place and then to see just what was going on. Long lines though soon had me moving on.
 I headed up the road a little bit. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings further up Midlothian Turnpike and enjoyed that. Got to see some of the NASCAR race, some baseball as it was Opening Day and which was pretty neat some of the MotoGP race which I don't get to see very often.
It was pretty neat...I like motorcycle racing. I used to go to a few. Went to some flat track races both when I lived in Louisville and also in Concord, NC. Neither place though hosts that anymore. Damn shame, was a lot of fun. In fact a few days ago read some on the decline of the Daytona 200 motorcycle race...which is also in a decline. Was a good article on Cycle World site.  
Anyhow rode around a bit around the city and ended up at Legend. Always a nice stop and got me a beer before heading back to the house. I always enjoy this view of the city from their deck and this day was no exception.
As I noted did not get a lot of miles in, and did not get to go very fast as wind chill is a factor of speed. I was well dressed for it but still was a day to keep the speed down. Actually the weather looks even cooler for the upcoming weekend with a chance of snow flurries for Saturday! That is not happy news but better weather is just around the corner.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...