Sunday, September 13, 2015

Labor Day Ride (September 7, 2015)

 Labor Day took another ride. This was Cary Street on that day...this ride was around 8AM. Pretty much everyone was still in bed, a good time to ride. This is a fun section of Richmond with a lot of stores and restaurants. Some of the best food in the city can be found here.
I love early rides, and Labor Day was a beautiful day to do so.
Rode around this area a bit, and even got off the motorcycle and rode around for a bit.
This was taken on Monument Avenue, is my motorcycle in front of The Robert E. Lee statue. He is on Traveler his horse, and I was on mine that day.
Monument Avenue is very interesting, in that there are a lot of Civil War statues and even one of Arthur Ashe who was from Richmond,
There are also some very old houses and it is a very beautiful street.
Finally made a stop at Tredegar where I got a photo of the old armory and the cannon in front. I am not a fan of the Southern cause, but I do enjoy history.
Richmond is a great historic town with not just Civil War but a lot of Revolutionary War history. I love to explore it, and see the sights to be found here.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...