Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend Rides (July 12-13, 2014)

Good weekend of riding, though hot and humid both days. On Saturday the 12th rode out (via the backroads) to Short Pump where I had lunch at Buz and Ned's (my favorite place for cue in the RVA) and then a few more miles around the area. Did not go very far, but got to see some neat sights (here I have the bike on The Boulevard) and enjoyed the ride. Felt real good while moving, a bit toasty when I was not.
As I did when I was on vacation, brought the bike back to the apartment and put it under the motorcycle cover to get a quick Sunday start.  
After laundry and a little more apartment cleaning, rode to Moe's for lunch. This is just some art in Richmond, they are big on that here, and I thought it would be cool to get my Vulcan...another piece of art in front of it.
Again, a very nice ride.....a bit warmer but rode up past some really impressive houses. I also like riding Sunday in that the traffic is usually pretty light (at least early on) and its quiet on a Sunday. Good rides this weekend, ended up with a total of around 70 miles...not a lot of distance, but did get a lot of smiles from the seat of my motorcycle.  

No comments:

Back in the Saddle (May 1, 2024)

At long last, got back out on the Triumph once again for the 2024 riding season. Was a long but fun winter and a wet Spring, but things are ...