Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mid-January Ride (January 13, 2014)

I often talk to this guy, he lives in the apartment complex next to me...rides a Honda Shadow 600. I had one of those, consider it one of the best motorcycles I ever had....other than routine maintenance and fuel never cost me an extra dime. I put some 38,000 miles on that bike, and got a good price for it when I sold it. Course it was well cared for.
I store my Vulcan in a storage unit, he keeps his under a tarp. We talked about that, and yes...his bike has some corrosion from that method of storage, but not too bad.
Still, the Vulcan is a very fine motorcycle also. Was in the upper 50's on this day, and took the bike for a ride. Took a stop at nearby Forest Hill Park, which is one of my favorite places....thought this would make a good photo. Took a photo there with the bike by The Stone House last year I think.
From there went into Richmond and out on the ride. Kind  of got lost, as this place is still sort of new to me, and was out someplace (but it was nice) in Glen Allen. Without having all day to ride (had to go to work later on) headed back toward what I thought was "To Richmond".  
Turned out it was, found Highway 1 and on the way back came across Richmond International Raceway. Neat to find that, and took a stop there to get a few photos. Love Nascar and it was fun to revisit this place. Its not very long until the season starts up again. Likewise for better motorcycle days (could be a bit warmer) though it was not bad. Did around 40 something miles, did not pay a lot of attention to the distance but just went out to enjoy the ride. Very nice to get out this time of year.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...