Sunday, August 19, 2012

Short Stops, August 18-19, 2012

On the way home from Richmond, VA (via car) made a rest stop at Down Home Harley-Davidson in Burlington, NC. I have been there before, when on the road I like to stop and look at things, and nothing is as much fun as a motorcycle shop. This used to be Davis Harley-Davidson, same location, but new owners. Nice place, and some friendly people there. No new 2013's there, but a nice selection of motorcycles and sure the new bikes are coming. I did get a copy of "Full Throttle" Magazine there, and sure to have some good news in there on some upcoming rides in NC and in Virginia as well.   
Weather was not great on August 19, some heavy rain fell in the morning, but I did get out for a short afternoon ride. Here is my Vulcan in front of the JW Cannon House on Union Street in Concord, NC. JW Cannon was the founder of Cannon Mills, the great textile factory complex that was in Kannapolis, NC for decades (closed now and replaced by the NC Research Center). The house had a listing price when I last looked (still for sale) of $998,000, and its quite a place. Some fine houses can be found on Union Street, which is one of the most interesting streets in Concord, NC. I did not get out for long, as I had to hit the road back to Virginia, but a short ride is better than no ride at all. I had a great time, and have some more coming up very soon!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...