Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bike show at Hooters/Chesterfield Towne Center (May 22, 2010)

Out exploring in the car today (bike is still in the shop, and besides..both are in Carolina) but got out for a while doing some exploring in the Versa. Saw a couple of nice motorcycles (a Harley with ape hangers and a nice Ducati) and those are on my Photo Page (which there is a link to on this page), and came across a bike show at Hooters at Chesterfield Towne Center. Did not know about it, but saw the bikes on the way back to the apartment...heard the band and stopped in. Had a few nice custom bikes, but I really liked this Kawasaki KZ-1000 LTD. Just a nice looking piece of work! You don't see bikes this nice from that era very often.

I also liked this Harley-Davidson Rocker; which is one of the newer motorcycles from "The Motor Company", and its a nice looking motorcycle. I like the design (I believe this is the work largely of Willie G. Davidson) and of the newer Harley's it is one of my favorites..though this design is two or three years old. My favorite remains the V-Rod, and there was a neat looking orange one at the show, but I have featured those on these pages before, and wanted to show off another of their designs here. There is a passenger seat under the "solo seat" which folds out in a very interesting way. The bike comes in two types the Rocker and the Rocker C (C standing for Chrome).
Last bike I am featuring here is a Honda 300. Amazingly this bike is still running, though seems that old Honda's never really die. Thought this a very nice version of a very important bike in the Honda line. I remember seeing those running all over, and get a kick out of seeing them now...drum brakes and all.
Show was nice. Of note, there were some motorcycle gangs there; I gave them a healthy dose of respect, having found that long as you don't give them grief you don't get any. I used to see a lot of Outlaws in Indiana when I lived there, but few motorcycle gangs (at least in the Concord area) at local events. The occasional 1%er does snow up though from time to time, but usually not in large numbers. At any case was surprised at the show, and enjoyed the event. Nice to stumble on something like that on a nice day in Richmond, VA.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...