Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

A few days early, but heading back to Concord, NC and will be spending the holidays there. Its been relatively nice there; temperatures in the 50's, and sunny for the past few days. Family, friend, and of course the motorcycle (still needing a battery) await there. I plan to spend a lot of time with the family and friends; and yeah...will get that battery and get out on the bike. As for the Richmond area, while doing the last of my Christmas shopping at the nearby Diamond (Home of the Richmond Flying Squirrels) I stopped by Velocity Motorcycles. They carry some different motorcycles, but have to say its my favorite motorcycle shop in the RVA. I like unique bikes like this Ural Motorcycle with sidecar in the snow (one would think a Russian made motorcycle would be perfect in the snow). Richmond got hammered by the white stuff over the weekend, and it has been quite a few days since I have seen any motorcycles on the road.
So anyhow, its back to Carolina in the morning. I did want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (and if there is something else you celebrate also/instead...well hope its great for you too!) Certainly been a wild year for me living my very own "Tale of Two Cities" but it has been interesting and have enjoyed what I have been able to experience (though unfortunately as a non-rider here in Richmond) of the Richmond motorcycle scene. I hope to do even more in 2010. As for the Carolina rides; ditto on that. Due to work and weather, some of my favorite events did not work out for me; but hopefully will have some better luck this year. On the bright side the ride with Steve to the Blue Ridge Parkway (Blowing Rock and Boone, NC) was a perfect day. Looked like the skies would unload, but it was fine.
That is what I hope your rides are in 2010. Be safe, and enjoy the wind in your face, and power at your wrist.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...