Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bike Show at Hooters

Read in the Richmond newspaper (actually in an ad) that there will be a Bike Show at the Hooters of Chesterfield which is located near the Chesterfield Towne Center just off of Midlothian Turnpike on Saturday June 20 starting at noon. Depending on when I get out of work Friday night/Saturday, might ride by and check that out before heading to Concord for my three day weekend there. While looking at bikes is very cool, riding my Vulcan is even better.
Have done some looking this morning though at some motorcycle PC games, and have seen some good ones out there; especially the MotoGP game series. I am going to have to look at that. Even though I am a huge aviation fan, I don't fly (though did some in the Navy as part of the aircrew on a P-3 Orion) , but do like the flight sim games. I am thinking that a motorcycle sim would be "better than nothing" while in Virginia, with the added bonus that I ride a cruiser and would be fun to go roaring around a track on a sportbike. Knowing how real the flight sims can be (did take a flight lesson some years ago, a piece of cake after hours spent on Microsoft Flight Simulator) think the motorcycle games would be pretty neat too. I will be looking into that this weekend at some local computer retailers.
On the subject of bike shows; did want to mention that the Annual Antique Motorcycle Show will be held in Gold Hill, NC on June 27, 2009. I will be here that weekend, but have gone the past few years. Its a great old village, the admission is free, and the bikes are pretty neat. I have some photos from last years show on my Flickr photo page (link to that on this page); lots of neat old Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycles, also some cool British and Japanese bikes tend to show up as well. Great riding to be found in North Carolina...and I plan to be doing some there this upcoming weekend.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...