Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Riding under Carolina Skies (August 23, 2009)

It was a good weekend in Concord, enjoyed the Sunday morning ride. Took this photo while out, had some periods of rain during the weekend, but a beautiful Sunday morning. I like riding when the traffic is light with all the people in churches or reading the Sunday paper (did that last earlier).
Rode to the Concord Mills area, finally got to see the outside of the Great Wolf Lodge. Quite a place and told it has quite a water park in it (though for quite a price to stay there!). Liked the big wolves carved outside the entrance to the park. I then rode past the old factory I used to work at. I am told it is for sale, but did not see a sign out front. Sad to see it empty and not running. Left a lot of friends there, but many of them are also here now in Richmond, VA. I also rode to Cannon Village and stopped by the big Dale Earnhardt statue. I am putting those photos (of Dale and Great Wolf) on the Richmond/Concord blog I also publish. It was a short weekend at home being just two days, and with time and weather the riding was very light.
That should change on my next visit over the Labor Day weekend; will be a four day break. The Vulcan Riding Club is planning a ride, also hope to get some more riding in during the break. It has been getting a little cooler and less humid, hope that is the first early signs of fall coming. I am a big fan of Fall, think it is the best season for riding a motorcycle. Great colors in the trees and good comfortable temperatures. The fall is also when the new Japanese and European motorcycles come out. I will be covering all that in future posts,

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...