Nice day to get out after the rains of the night before, which thankfully held off during the air show (which you can read about on my previous post). I got out on the motorcycle and headed up Highway 571. I took this photo in New Carlisle and then continued on. 571 is a rural road but runs into Highway 201. Rode that into Huber Heights and then continued on into that area, which is a city. Nice to ride past some places I have been too, have not been there very much at all on the motorcycle. Made a stop at the Speedway gas station while I was there, and then headed back down the road.
Enjoyed a bit of country air and that of course is to be expected when passing cattle and farms. I like it though, nice change from the rides around Richmond, Virginia.
Made a stop at Carriage Hill. It was a stop on my previous motorcycle ride, which is on 201 in Huber Heights. This trip the Visitor Center was open and I toured that. Will have a few more photos from the visit on my Ohio and Me page which is part of this site.
Stopped at 571 Grill for a bit of liquid refreshment (one at that) and then back to the house after a 35 mile trip. It was a very fun ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...


No comments:
Post a Comment