Interesting Sunday ride, with storms in the area (but got no rain at all during the ride) and rode to Fairborn which is one of my favorite area towns with a nice and fun ride to get to it. It is actually the home of the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. In fact in photos below I have some photos of the flight line there. As with the photo at left, a few abandoned places there. The theater and below a drive in and skate rink are all abandoned. There was also some police action (also below) on this otherwise quiet Sunday morning. Still my favorite time to ride with low traffic and no people running around. Rode out toward Dayton I thought but took a wrong turn on Dayton-Yellow Springs Road. Fine with that though as I ended up in Yellow Springs. A very interesting little town and got a number of photos below from that visit. The ride was a very nice cruise and enjoyed it. It was somewhere over 50 miles and covered a lot of country roads. Was not quite sure where I was going as I went a different route via some new roads along the way, but enjoyed the journey. From Yellow Springs got back to Fairborn. Due to some road construction got to travel some new roads which fortunately got me back to Fairborn and then via the roads I know to home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment