Two trips in a row, I have gone to Dayton. I don't go by there very often, but do enjoy my visits there. To me, its a very interesting and historic city. I went by The Wright Cycle Company, which is part of a large museum. This was actually the site (and the building sits on the foundation of) an original Wright company shop. They had a number of them over the years. The one where they both built aircraft and bicycles was purchased by and moved to Michigan by Henry Ford. Still a number of interesting things to see there. Sadly, not now as the museum as is most other things are closed due to the virus. However, will eventually reopen in the future. I rode around downtown for a bit, and another stop was the home of the Dayton Dragons single A baseball team. The Dragons are a farm team of the Cincinnati Reds. It is a popular place in the Spring, Summer and Fall, but once again....not for a while yet. Still, enjoying the adventures out and about as I explore the area, and looking forward to my next ride in a few days. Expecting a rainy few days, but will see how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...


No comments:
Post a Comment