Interesting day which started with some work around the house. Yesterday took a ride to Chatilly, Va to the National Air and Space Museum and also (for the first time) saw the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Had a great time at both. Went to Stony Point Fashion Park for their Motorcycle Show. Not a lot of bikes there but some very nice ones. I think these stole the show...some amazing restoration work on these fine motorcycles.
I took the car to the motorcycle show but after some rest decided to get out on the Triumph for a ride around the area. It is a blazing hot day though the temperature is in the low 90's the humidity is very high. It was toasty and a bit breezy when I got out for a short while. I rode down Riverside Drive and then just rode around Richmond for a bit.
I ended up by Mosby Court which is not the best place in Richmond to be, so got out of there and headed down into The Fan section of Richmond.
I like riding past those old houses and enjoyed being in that area. I ended up from there riding as far as Carytown and looked around there for a little bit before heading back down to the Boulevard.
Noticed that there were a lot of people on the river as I once again crossed over the James River. Got to say it was a very good day for that.
Once across there I was not far from home...
Once more came back via Riverside Drive which is always a nice ride. Quiet and curvy with very light traffic and just a fun ride on that road.
As far as mileage was not a lot, as far as speed was not a lot. It was just a nice day for a ride. Weather has been really rainy of late and just have not had a lot of chances to get out, so this ride today was much appreciated.
Looking forward to getting out and getting some miles in again very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment