Expecting this week to be amazingly hot and very dry also. Temperatures in the mid-week will feel like the triple digits. So this morning I was up early pounding down the coffee and for the ride was heading out at 7:30am. Here is the bike stopped (note the speedo at zero) while I snapped this photo a little bit from my house. Got a little breakfast at Micky D's and then continued riding up Midlothian Turnpike. Nice riding along that road.
Traffic was light that early, and the temperatures were very cool. I turned off at "Historic Powhatan, VA" and got this photo of the old courthouse. Wandered around there for a bit and then headed back. This time a different route with a ride through some beautiful country past farms and fields. Came across Highway 6 and then turned off that to River Road. I love that road with a whole lot of very fine houses and other buildings.
Strange that section of River Road has very few views of the River. In that area is the University of Richmond and I stopped there to take a photo of the football field and drove around the school. Nice school and enjoyed that. From there, headed back into Richmond and rode around a bit in The Fan area of the city before heading back to the house which I reached around 11:00 PM. Total ride was just a hair (less than a mile) under 80 miles. I enjoyed this ride a great deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment