Once again has been some terrible weather in Richmond with days and days of rain. On the bright side has not been as bad as it was during the Spring when the rain broke an all time day and month record for rainfall. Still though it has been terrible riding conditions.
Finally though the rain ended and happened on the second day of Training Camp for the Washington Redskins. That's me under the entrance, where I made a quick visit. Sure it was dry but it was also very hot and humid. In fact the heat index was over 100. While it is always a good time to ride, that tested that old saying of mine in a big way.
Wandering around the camp was fun. They had a walk through practice and watched them do that for a short while. With the heat I did not stay long, plus wanted to get out on two wheels for a while.
I did get a few miles in after. It was great moving but at red lights it got awfully toasty. Nice thing was that the traffic was light and sure felt good to be back in the saddle again.
Made a stop at Forest Hill Park before getting home. I had checked the oil level before the ride and when I got home gave the motorcycle a quick bath before getting out to "blow the water off" after that in a second quick ride. All in all I got in a total of 24 miles for the day.
Oh and by the way later in the afternoon.....it rained again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...


No comments:
Post a Comment