Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Pre-Storm Ride (May 14, 2018)

Weather forecast for the week was calling for big storms pretty much all week. Considering that being a real chance got the motorcycle out on a Monday morning for a ride. Also a factor has been early 90 degree heat for this time of year.
Ride was nice, another short one of 23 miles this time. I rode down Riverside Drive (where I took this photo using the camera auto feature) and then into Richmond. I rode to Tredegar Iron Works to see the work they are doing there on the old Civil War cite, and then to Bryan Park. That park which has been in some disrepair is getting some badly needed update and restoration.
It was a very nice ride though near the end of it the heat was already starting to build up. By the end of the ride it was a good time to get home.
As expected by early afternoon big storms with high winds rolled in. As I write this the next day, more are on the way. 

No comments:

Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)

 Another beautiful day,  cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle,  North Hampt...