Bit of a non-riding photo, but did see this Yamaha (Star) V-Max at the South of the James Farmers Market in Forest Hill Park. Nice bike, I remember them back in the day. A very few years ago, they updated this bike, and this is the new version of that classic motorcycle...which was in the day a real hot rod (and I am sure it still is).
This was taken at Dogtown, which is near Legend's where I went to a festival there with Kaye...and saw this Triumph Thunderbird...beautiful take on a cruiser by Triumph. Both that and the V-Rod photos were taken on August 17.
Took the Vulcan out on August 22, there had been some leaking which I thought was residual oil, but turned out that it is the return of the leak; this time from the cover gasket. Sucks, and for the third time the bike is back at Ultimate Cycle to attempt the repair. Not sure what will happen with this one, has been a good motorcycle, and all bikes can have problems...but this one is really getting old. I hope that they can fix it this time...will keep you posted. For now, I am back on two feet, hoping to get back on two wheels (and without an oil leak) real damn soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment