Good day to take a ride on the Vulcan, it is mid-October, and getting cool, but was rising close to 70 degrees when I headed out. Nice day though a bit overcast but been a while since I had been out on the bike, and I really enjoyed it. Had the leather coat on and gloves, but was really overdressed, but better to be warm I think than cold, and that will be coming soon enough (the cold anyhow). Took this at a red light, heading toward Charlotte, NC. The ride for the day covered 52 miles and love riding on Sunday when the traffic is lighter and things move at a slower pace.
Took this photo in Uptown Charlotte, one of my favorite places to ride and a very interesting city. This was near where they are building the new baseball stadium for the AAA Charlotte Knights (which has been playing just across the border in nearby South Carolina) and close to the Bank of America Stadium which is the home to the NFL Carolina Panthers. Time Warner Cable Arena is more Uptown and is the home to both the NFL Charlotte Bobcats and the ECHL Charlotte Checkers hockey team. If you like sports Charlotte is a fine place to be. If you don't, lots of museums and places to eat can be found Uptown.
This is something new. They have a bike sharing thing, a period of time is free, after that they charge you, but its a very cool idea (and a number of bikes were seen out and about in the area as I rode around. Thought this was pretty cool, and a neat idea as well.
I always have a good time in Charlotte, and enjoy my visits there. I have a few more photos on my Richmond and Me blog, as well as a number of photos to my Flickr page, and both of them can be found via links on this page. Looking forward to some great times in the Carolinas over the next few days - more to come here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment