I took this photo from the bike at Bruton Smith Blvd and NC 29. That is the intersection where Charlotte Motor Speedway is located, and that is the sign to it at the right. Unfortunately while in Charlotte, I started to have some electrical problems with the motorcycle. I talked quite a bit in previous posts about the importance of maintenance, and it is. However, sometimes things just break. Thankfully, the bike did get me home, though once home it did not start again. It could be a battery problem, though not sure at this time. For sure, being an electrical problem, it will be going to the shop for these repairs, and I will be reporting on what they find and (hopefully) fix in a future report. For the time being though, the riding is done for a bit.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Ride to Uptown Charlotte (August 7, 2011)
I took this photo from the bike at Bruton Smith Blvd and NC 29. That is the intersection where Charlotte Motor Speedway is located, and that is the sign to it at the right. Unfortunately while in Charlotte, I started to have some electrical problems with the motorcycle. I talked quite a bit in previous posts about the importance of maintenance, and it is. However, sometimes things just break. Thankfully, the bike did get me home, though once home it did not start again. It could be a battery problem, though not sure at this time. For sure, being an electrical problem, it will be going to the shop for these repairs, and I will be reporting on what they find and (hopefully) fix in a future report. For the time being though, the riding is done for a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment