Speaking of fighters, you do get to see some very interesting motorcycles which have jet like performance. One I had not seen before is this BMW S1000 RR (in fact had to look it up to see the model name) which is BMW's first sport bike. Unlike most BMW motorcycles which use an opposed twin "Boxer" engine, this one uses a very powerful inline four and from the reviews I have read its quite a ride indeed. Enjoyed checking out this bike, and many of the others at the ride. If I can't ride today, always fun to hang out with motorcyclists especially those riding for a very good cause. Hopefully next weekend, I will get out in the wind again!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Child Savers Charity Ride (June 5, 2010)
Speaking of fighters, you do get to see some very interesting motorcycles which have jet like performance. One I had not seen before is this BMW S1000 RR (in fact had to look it up to see the model name) which is BMW's first sport bike. Unlike most BMW motorcycles which use an opposed twin "Boxer" engine, this one uses a very powerful inline four and from the reviews I have read its quite a ride indeed. Enjoyed checking out this bike, and many of the others at the ride. If I can't ride today, always fun to hang out with motorcyclists especially those riding for a very good cause. Hopefully next weekend, I will get out in the wind again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Touch of Fall (October 5, 2026)
Another beautiful day, cooler today lower 60s. Did 32 miles down highway 41, some backroads and US40. Went thru New Carlisle, North Hampt...
-
Went to Chester, West Virginia over these days. Posted some photos on my "Richmond and Me" blog, but while driving along the ...
-
Attended the first meeting of 2010 with the Charlotte Chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association. This group formed last year (figures, was al...
-
Got in a 25 mile ride this morning, a bit later this morning and warmer at 80 degrees. Nice ride though around the area. Went down some 2...
No comments:
Post a Comment